They did not disappoint.....especially Colmar. Loved that place!! And we found a place that I loved even more that was not even on my list, Riquewihr.
We found an apartment situated between the two cities in the village of Ribeauville. It was a cute village too, with a cool castle sitting way up high on the hillside -- which, of course, we hiked to. The lady who owned the apartment didn't speak very much English at all. Communication was difficult, but we managed! She was the sweetest!
We arrived on Thanksgiving day. Found a fun place for a pizza dinner.
The kids (meaning all the people in this pic) especially loved the glow in the dark Star Wars themed bathroom at this place. I was hesitant to go in because I thought, glow in the dark? I'm sure to see a bunch of disgustingness in this place.....it was pretty clean! I suppose you would have to make sure it was with a glow in the dark bathroom.
The girls and I having fun with the camera. We shared a room this trip as the boys thought this bedroom was way too girly to sleep in. They slept on the pullout sofa.
Hike to the castle -- St. Ulrich.
the hike up was grueling. We were all wondering "are we evvvverrr going to get there?!" I was a hot mess. Panting and sweating like a banshee. Slowly taking layers off -- everyone resorted to pushing me. No joke. It was the get the fat girl to the top train!
And we made it!
We were famished.....so eat pretzel dust!
Now on to Colmar.......
Strasbourg.....
oh.my.crowded.
And it was at this point that it is very clear someone else got a hold of the camera and would not give it up.
And now for the superb Riquewihr.
And one more from the plane ride. They were soooo excited to have Lauren and Adeline join us on our Thanksgiving trip!











No comments:
Post a Comment