The weather wasn't exactly cooperative that weekend. In fact, the day we planned our Bounce Below cave adventure and ziplining.......in was pouring down rain. We figured we'd still at least be able to do the bouncing because it was in a cave after all. Boy were we wrong! We walk in and there is loads of people, lots of whispering between the people working and looks of confusion all around. Apparently the cave was flooding due to the heavy amounts of rain....and they had me step out with the kids while they told Derek that someone had died in there. There are other adventures in the cave -- she didn't go into detail if it happened while bouncing or if it was due to the flooding or heart attack or whatever it might have been......but either way it scared the crap out of me! I was sure we weren't going to do it now.
The next day was misty......and Derek convinced me it would be okay. The kids had their hearts set on bouncing too. So......we did it! Blake wasn't old enough (though he totally could have done it) to go on the big part of the bouncing so Derek went with the girls and I went with Blake to the smaller area.
Don't mind the crotch holding. Of course, I tried to get him to go to the bathroom before we went in......but "no, I don't need to go" and what do you know, as soon as we get in he's about to pee his pants.
Then, I was off for my adventure!! I was able to convince Allie to go with me. I was soooo nervous. I really didn't want to do it by myself.
suiting up
There were 3 different ziplines averaging between 70-85 mph! Allie and I were lucky enough to be able to ride tandem on the first one! Helped ease both of our nerves!!
We also went to Caerneferon Castle
And a beautiful hike to Aber Falls.
We had split up, Derek, Allie, and Blake --racing against Avery and I. Admittedly,Avery and I had the easier route, but we won!! ;) You can see Derek, Allie and Blake in the top left corner. They had to make their way down through the sheep.
They finally made it down to the waterfall with us and you know how they say the apple doesn't fall far from the tree......we are a competitive family for sure! Blake was deffo not happy to lose!
Phew! He's all better now!
But he WILL win going back!
We also went to a fun little park for Blake's birthday getaway celebration. He chose Greenwood Forest Park.
The place we stayed at was awesome! Our favorite stay in Wales. Always a bonus to have some extra activities and toys around.......and we told them we were celebrating birthdays so they left us a huge basket full of goodies! (Welsh bisquits a celebration cake, bread, box of candy, bottle of wine)
Cows right outside our windows!
A fun loft for the kids to sleep in!













No comments:
Post a Comment