Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Avery's Baptism {August/September back post}

To be honest, I didn't know if this day would ever happen. Avery had always said she would not be baptized (probably due to fear, all eyes being on her, etc..) Once Allie was baptized though, she slowly started to change her mind. Allie has always been such a good example/role model for her younger siblings. Grateful for that!

For Allie's baptism, I took special photos of her in her baptism dress to use on her baptism program and to have a special photo to display. I wanted to do the same for Avery. Allie's was easy as that particular year we had a beautiful poppy field in full bloom right outside our back yard. That was the only year we've had it though! I really loved the flowers and it happened to be when lavender was in bloom! So, the kids and I set out to Hitchin' Lavender and, although it was super crowded, managed to get some great photos!


It was tough to get a genuine smile because this place was full of bees!! (as you can see the bee flying by in this next pic)

And one of all three kids.

And then we went to a nearby park, Wrest Park, to take some more photos, and wander around.


Baptism day was on Saturday, September 17th in Thetford, Norfolk, England. It was quite the memorable experience! She had to be dunked THREE times! First time, her foot popped up out of the water. Second time, Dad messed up. Getting her to do it a third time proved to be difficult! She did not want to do it AGAIN! She was crying and making a bit of a scene in the font. All that were there to watch were starting to giggle. I'm sure she scared some as well. In the end, everyone walked out of the room and it was just our family there and then she finally did it. I can't believe we didn't get a picture of her with Grandpa Huber -- he was there for her special day!


No comments: