Saturday, October 22, 2011

Lately

The weather has been kinda crazy. It's cold in the mornings. Ranging anywhere between mid 40's to low 60's and then it's warm/hot by mid-day. We're having to wear 2 outfits in one day to be comfortable.

Yesterday I was sitting in the chair and dozed off. I opened my eyes and found Avery like this. Just a little jealous of the attention her baby brother is getting maybe?

Last night was Allie's school carnival, Howl At The Moon. This was taken right after the girls won treats in the Treat Walk. I will never try to take the kids to this on my own again! I'm pretty sure my blood pressure was through the roof by the end of the night. The kids were great. The grounds were pretty much impassable with the stroller. Our drinks were spilling everywhere, we couldn't find the place to get the waiver wristbands so the girls could go on the inflatables, and Avery got pummled on the obstacle course because the people running it weren't paying attention. Oh, and she got bit by something and her foot is super swollen this morning. By the time we were leaving Blake was hungry. He was screaming and we couldn't find his pacifier anywhere! We had to park about a mile away.......
Okay, enough complaining. The girls did have a good time despite everything that went wrong. I just need to learn to roll with the punches.

5 comments:

alice.scanlon said...

Oh Brooke , sounds a little like my outings used to be.

Avery, you are a little ham, yes she is telling you something mom, but she will be fine, just let her comfort herself .

Mom told me about your experience at Allies school.

Blake, you are growing!

Erin's Blog said...

You're such a good mom to take them to something so fun, even though it was very hard for you! I remember feeling like that with just 2 kids, I can't imagine trying to do all that stuff with a newborn too. You're amazing!

Brooke said...

Aww, Ernie! Thank you. I think you're amazing!!! :) Seriously miss you guys so much.

Tami H. said...

That carnival sounds like a madhouse!! You are brave brooke!

Charity Brown said...

Love that picture of Avery on the play mat with the pacifier! Hahahahahaha. Gave me a good chuckle!