Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Blake ~ 1 Month


Blake had his one month well baby visit today.

Stats:
Weight: 9 lb 1 oz (7% on the chart)
Length: 20.5 in (less than 5% on the chart)

My main concern for this visit was to make sure he wasn't getting this nasty bug that the rest of us have had. The last couple of days (especially yesterday) he has "spit up" more than usual, had runnier bowel movements, and has been a lot fussier with very sharp, painful sounding cries. There really wasn't much she could check for so the doctor just said he probably does have it but it won't be full blown since I'm nursing. She also said there is a really nasty stomach bug going around as well as colds......we had the stomach bug.
I pointed out his belly button because it has been oozing green stuff for 4 or 5 days now. Well, most days it's not oozing and it's just dried up. Today it was oozing again though. She noticed something. I forget what she said. So she put this black stuff in his belly button and said that should take care of it.

With all of that aside he seems to be a health and very strong little boy. He didn't like his shot very well but who does!

6 comments:

Craig and Ashley said...

Blake, you are the cutest!! Glad to hear you are not as sick as the rest of the clan, so far!! I used to cringe when I would take Conner to the babysitter (where he was exposed to most every cold he had) But then thought to myself it was a way of "boosting" his immune system. And luckily he really has not been sick very often!

alice.scanlon said...

Seems impossible Blake is a month old already. Quite a cutie also, and growing like a weed!

Nicole and Abe said...

such a cute little guy :) Glad that he isn't too sick and that you are all better. That sickness does NOT sound fun!! Especially when family is in town! Sorry it has been so rough :( I love all the pictures of the girls. Allie looks so big playing soccer. I bet she loves being the pink team! As far as your post about not updating the blog as much.... I have also made myself hardly ever update or post pictures on facebook and primarily do everything on my blog. I love that I can keep close friends and family members that read it up to date, but I really just do it for me.... selfish, but then you have everything documented. I just printed my first blurb blog book of the first 4 years of our blog and it was so much fun to see. I personally love reading your blog and seeing what you are up to. I just need to comment more :) Hope you are doing better and I am sorry Derek is never home!!! Hang in there and call if you ever need to :)

Erin's Blog said...

Wow...I can't believe he is already one month old. I'm so sorry that you guys have been sick. That isn't fun. I remember one year Kevin and I were both sick with the flu at the same time. It was on Halloween and our kids didn't get to go out trick or treating. I felt so bad. All of our neighbors brought them little baggies of candy. It was so nice of them.
Hang in there Brooke! You're a great Mom and it is going to be hard for awhile. You'll make the adjustments needed. You'll start cutting out things that just aren't that important to make your day less hectic. It is really hard to be away from family, but from reading your blog I can see that your family visits alot. That is really nice! They love you...everyone loves you! You're doing a great job!

TerriV said...

I've already decided I can't wait
until xmas to see all of you again.
Let me know what Derek's schedule is as soon as you know. Maybe the end of this month or first of Nov:)
Love you,
Mom

alice.scanlon said...

I'm having new picture withdrawl.........