Monday, August 29, 2011

Long Week

Just a quick update on us.......

The first week of school proved to be a stressful one for me. The long days were taking it's toll on little Allie. She was trying so hard to keep up with it all, but was fighting the exhaustion. This led to some major tantrums, me to lose my patience and some major stress. I could tell she was super tired this morning so I don't know that this week is going to be much better......especially with such a big change coming at the end of the week! Thanks to facebook I was able to receive some great advice and tons of positive feedback that things will get better over time. She just needs time to adjust and get used to these super long days. I'm hopeful that this will happen.

We had a false alarm this weekend. While out shopping Saturday I felt a sudden small gush of "water" (enough to soak through my pants). My water broke when I was pregnant with Allie and it was nothing near as much as it was then, but I thought maybe I have a small tear or baby's head is blocking anymore from coming out. I, of course, started freaking out and headed back to the car, to save myself from further embarrassment, while Derek finished the shopping. We decided we'd try to get some rest in our own beds and decide what to do the next morning. I didn't really have anymore leakage through the night......just damp. TMI, I know. Anyway, I finally broke down and called the Dr's office. I got someone in the message center who then paged the nurse on call. She finally called me back and I explained everything to her. She said it didn't sound like my water broke but to go into the hospital to be checked out......just in case. So, I did. Turns out this little guy is just sitting right on top of my bladder and decided to empty it himself!! I really had no idea that was what it was especially since I had just went to the bathroom about 10 minutes prior to this happening. In hindsight though, I do feel like I have to go to the bathroom constantly and this explains that feeling!

Now a picture and video........

Avery getting ready to go swimming with her friend Noelle.