Saturday, August 20, 2011

A Day Out

The girls have been cooped up in the house pretty much all week. We had originally planned on taking them to the museum on Tuesday since Derek had the day off (and for a nice birthday outing for Avery) but with the a/c going out and waiting around on someone to come and take care of it.....that never happened.
Since it was so hot upstairs Avery didn't get her regular nap in. She eventually curled up on the couch next to me and fell asleep!


Wednesday morning Avery woke up early as usual and climbed in bed with me. I thought I smelled something funny......and eventually saw this......
She had a bloody nose through the night! This is the second one in 2 weeks, 3rd this summer. I'm not sure what is going on, but hope to get it all figured out when she sees the Dr. on Monday.

We did get out briefly on Wednesday for my first doctor's appointment with my new doctor. They were surprisingly good, considering we were there for 2 hours. My new dr. seems nice and very knowledgeable. I'm going to have to try and get used to being referred to as "Huber" instead of Brooke though......since that's what she called me the entire time. My guess is that she is Indian. They are working on getting my c-section scheduled for September 1st! Please pray that works out as that is what is best for us with Derek's schedule.

I had planned on getting the girls out of the house on Thursday but I didn't sleep at all Wednesday night. Not really sure why. I did have a lot of cramps. I woke up feeling very nauseous and wound up vomiting shortly after I got up. At least the girls got to have a friend come over for a little bit to take up some of their day. (I watched him while his Mom was at the Doctor).

Taking a break from playing......eating popsicles!

So, today we finally made it out of the house. We went to the Witte Museum. Not quite what I expected and we probably won't go back but at least we did something. Avery seemed kind of bored the whole time. Allie seemed to kind of like it. I was miserable, but it's hot and I'm huge so what do you expect.
pirahanas


There were a few things to do outside, but we were done after 5 minutes. It's just too hot here to be outside during the day!

Allie is not like me in the least bit......meaning she's not shy and is a total girly girl. Hence, THIS VIDEO.

Afterwards we used some more of Avery's birthday coupons. We got a free kids meal from Burger King and then went a couple restaurants down to Wienerschnitzel where we got a free coney dog......and bought a hot dog and fries.
Then we went to Target to pick up a few last minute school supplies and Avery picked out a couple birthday presents from gift cards and money she's got in the mail recently. Here are the girls laying on Avery's new sleeping bag.

Then we were off to Meet the Teacher night at Allie's school. She was excited, but surprisingly a little shy when we got there. We were bummed to find out that we didn't know a single student in her class! There are quite a few kids starting Kindergarten from church and quite a few from her preschool that are all going to Kuentz this year.......but there are 5 or 6 Kindergarten classes......still not a single one in her class!! Her teacher seems nice and Allie is READY to start. She really wants to ride the bus to school this year. I think we've convinced her to let us take her and she can ride the bus home. That way she won't be on the bus too long.

After meet the teacher we went to ColdStone for Avery's birthday ice cream (buy one get one free). The girls were LOVING it!
This will probably be our last big outing for a while.

1 comment:

alice.scanlon said...

Love your dancing Allie, and sure wish you would of given me a bite of your birthday ice cream Avery!!

Xoxo

Love you girls

GG