Tuesday, August 23, 2011

1st Day of Kindergarten

Allie was so excited about school last night that she couldn't go to sleep. We put her in bed at 7:30 and she was still wide awake at 9:30!! I figured it would be tough to get her up and going this morning but as soon as I said, "Good morning, it's the first day of school," she sat right up, smiled, and climbed out of bed.

I fixed her breakfast. Toast w/ jelly, her choice. She barely ate any of it. Again, I think due to excitement.

She pretty much only owns sandals......she's not a big fan of wearing tennis shoes. She says they hurt her feet?? But, she has PE 3 days a week so she's going to have to get used to it.

Showing off her new backpack



finally at school!

Avery had a hard time saying good bye to Allie. They gave each other the biggest hug before we left the school. Avery didn't want to let go! I had to ask for a hug. Those two really are best friends. Avery whined the whole walk to the car as we were leaving.....and continued whining on the car ride home. Once we got inside I gave her some candy for keeping her diaper dry through the night. Not even five minutes later she was asking, "Mom, Us get Allie now?!?"  So sweet. She kept asking that over and over and I kept telling her not for a while. So then she asked if I could get baby brother out! I suppose it will take a while for her to get used to just her and I. She may not even get used to that before her brother is here. Hopefully that will help her with this transition a little bit better.

This clumsy girl fell and hit her head. Never a dull moment


Avery was so excited when I told her it was time to pick up Allie. She was a little confused when we didn't get in the car and took off walking. I had to explain that she was riding the bus home. We left about 10 minutes before the bus was scheduled to come just because i wanted to make sure we were there when she was dropped off. Of course the bus was about 10 minutes late so we were there 20 minutes early and waiting in the scorching sun. She (and I) were getting quite impatient.

But she finally arrived!!!!

Here are some pics from the weekend:
shopping at Kohls. I had to take a break. They just got done telling me that they were going to be best friends forever and they wanted their picture taken. :)
Avery playing with her new Bakery for her Calico Critters. Thanks Uncle Buddy & Aunt Kim!
at Emma's birthday party

4 comments:

alice.scanlon said...

Oh Allie, can't believe you are in school. You look so pretty on your first day. Avery won't be alone long.....

TerriV said...

I love love all the pics!! Allie,
I can't wait to talk to you about
your first day of school. Avery, you need to enjoy your alone time with mommy before baby Blake gets
here:)
Love you,
Mony

Nicole and Abe said...

Aw, crazy that she is in kindergarten! Love the pictures!

Bryan and Kim said...

Very cute! They are so sweet and they are going to be the best big sisters a little guy could ask for :) Love you guys and glad Avery likes her bakery ;)