Avery's Dream
Background:
We have 2 A/C's in our house. One upstairs, one downstairs. I suppose this is needed to keep up with the Texas heat and the size of our house. Anyway, the upstairs a/c didn't seem to be working last night. It just kept getting hotter and hotter. The temp got up to 86 degrees up there! So, I set up a blanket for the girls on the floor downstairs and I slept on the couch. We put extra fans in our bedroom for Derek. It still wasn't enough for me and I don't think he slept all that well either.
Allie ended up sleeping on the chair
The Dream
I woke up to Avery standing right in front of me saying "Mommy there's a boy with black shoes right there." (while she pointed over towards the top of the bookcase). I was freaked out right away, said "WHAT?" and she repeated, "There's a boy with black shoes up there." I said, "No, that's just a shadow of the computer monitor we have up there." She quietly said, "oh" and climbed up on the couch with me. She never took her eyes off of the top of the bookcase! Then I remembered I had heard her talking in her sleep earlier saying something about shoes. I didn't think anything of it because our girls are definitely into shoes. I still don't knot if that was related to the boy in the black shoes or not. Anyway, I started asking her questions. Like if he was still there? "yes" Is he talking to you? "no" So, I said let's go get Daddy. She quickly replied, "No Mommy, his Big Daddy coming. Hurry go to sleep!" Now I'm really freaking out! I pick her up and go upstairs as quickly as I can. Usually I would have to shake Derek in order to wake him, but I think b/c of the heat, he was easy to wake up. Actually as soon as we walked in the room he woke up. I told him the story and he asked Avery the same questions that I had and her story didn't change one bit. We came downstairs and as we were walking down she looked right over to the bookcase and wouldn't take her eyes off of them! Derek turned the light on and she just smiled. We showed her the computer monitor and told her it was just a dream and that was a shadow. She forced what looked to be a worried smile. We set up the recliners on the couch so all three of us could sleep there, with her in the middle. Turned off the light and, yep, she looked right over to the bookcase and started pointing and talking about the little boy. She never did go back to sleep.
3 Hours Later
I finally did fall asleep, but Avery's dream was still on my mind. So I started asking her questions.
Did you have a dream last night? Yeah
What did you see? A boy with black shoes
Where was he? Pointed at bookcase and said over there
What was he doing? Climbing
How old was he? She held up 2 fingers. I said "2, about your age?" She shook her head yes and then held up 5 fingers and said a little bit bigger.
Did he talk to you? She shook her head yes
What did he say? He call me poopy ...... okay now I'm not as freaked out. Either she's realizing it was not real and is trying to be funny, or she's starting to forget everyhing. If someone really called her poopy she would have said something back. Probably, "No, you poopy" or something like that. She definitely wouldn't have just sat back and said nothing though.
1 comment:
Oh Avery, you are a hoot !! Sounds like she had a very vivid dream....and knows how to feed off it..lol
Post a Comment