Thursday, April 21, 2011

What's Cookin' Wednesday

Sausage, Onion, Potatoes, & Peppers

One of my favorite meals.....and it's pretty simple too. This was an easy decision for me tonight because we've had some sausage in the freezer for a while and we had potatoes and an onion that desperately needed to be used. I did make a stop at the grocery earlier today to get some fresh bell peppers.......only green though. We usually use red and yellow too, but they are way too expensive right now. We ended up not using the onion b/c it was way too far gone. So I replaced it with minced onion for the onion flavor. And yes, the girls love this too. I just have to cut the onion and pepper pieces big so we can pick around it easily :0)

Simple Directions
cut everything up and toss it all together in a pan with a little bit of oil and cook until done!! Add salt & pepper to taste (I also add some fennel seed).


Funny thing that just happened. I asked the girls to start cleaning up their toys since it's almost bed time. Well, like always, they try to find ways to get out of it. Allie all of a sudden has to go to the bathroom and Avery says okay and heads over to the dvd's. I ask her what she's doing, "organizing."

1 comment:

Craig and Ashley said...

That looks yummy!! I made your baked grilled cheese the other night with some tomato soup. It was really good!!