Saturday, April 9, 2011

Salt Lick

Last night we drove out to Buda, Texas to choose our granite for our counter tops. Afterwords we headed out to Salt Lick BBQ for some good food. I had heard a few people mention that this was a good BBQ place and it is the #1 BBQ joint "in" Austin. I say "in" because it's actually in Driftwood, TX which is 30 minutes south of Austin. We got there around 5 and the place was already packed. We overhead two guys talking as they were walking out. One guy said, "That was the best meal I've ever had." That's a good sign!! By the time we left the place was jam packed. There were 3 huge buses dropping people off. I think it's become a bit of a touristy restaurant. But it is pretty big with a lot of indoor and outdoor seating. There was even a really good live band. As for the food, we thought it was good. We ordered the Family Platter (pictured above). It came with ribs, sausage, and brisket, potato salad, baked beans, cole slaw, bread, pickles and onions. There were also two sauces: the house sauce and a habenero sauce. Both very good..... even better mixed together. The food was endless. We didn't think we would be able to take any home b/c of this so we stuffed ourselves. And then when we told our waitress we were ready for the check she asked if we wanted a box! The girls were able to eat for free. They devoured the sausage and bread. Avery even ate a few onion slices! I really liked the sausage and the brisket. I especially like the brisket when I made it into a sandwich with their bread. The bread was so soft! I really liked the potato salad as well. Derek's fav were the ribs. mmmmmmm, I think I'm going to go eat my lunch now.... Salt Lick leftovers. :)

No comments: