Thursday, April 28, 2011

We Beat the Odds!!!!

Had my 20 week ultrasound today and we're having a BOY!! We are ecstatic. Of course, we would have been happy with whatever the baby was but this is a new adventure for us!!! There was no denying that it was a boy either. :0) In fact, the ultrasound techs said it was very noticeable from the get go. They said if it turns out to be a girl they will be extremely shocked. I was measuring at 21 weeks 5 days.....technically I'm 20 weeks 3 days. I don't know if that's much of a difference for them to change anything. I guess I'll find that out at my next OB appointment, which isn't until the end of May. Baby looks to be healthy although I was a bit worried when they said they wanted to take another look at the heart after going over the ultrasound pics with the dr. They assured me it was nothing to worry about - - just needed a better picture. Hope it's not anything.

When I called to tell Derek he didn't believe me at all. I could tell the excitement in his voice. It was so sweet. The best though was a call just a few minutes after we hung up and the first thing he said was, "You're not joking with me are you?!" I'm happy he'll have his little buddy to hang out with. Even tonight when he called again just the sound in his voice was pure happiness.

Allie's reaction, however, wasn't as thrilling:

And it got worse.........


And this went on for a good 30 minutes....maybe more. She's fine now. We went and got the 31 cent ice cream at Baskin Robbins to celebrate. Then we went to Old Navy and the girls got to pick out a few outfits for their little brother. Now they are asking when he's going to get here!!

3 comments:

TerriV said...

Glad to hear that Allie is getting
use to the idea of a brother. While
we were skyping and seeing her reaction I didn't know if she would
change her mind. But then again ice
cream always makes things better!!
Love ya,
Mom

Unknown said...

that is sooooooo funny, brooke!!!!

Tami H. said...

This is a GREAT 2nd video! You can save this as something to show her future husband when they find out they are expecting a boy, and say "this is how she usually reacts when boys come into the family"