Sunday, April 24, 2011

Egg Hunt & Some Aloha

It's been a crazy, crazy busy day today. I waited until the last minute to go get our food for tomorrow and stuff for the Easter eggs for the girls' Easter baskets........bad decision! I remember working at a grocery store in high school and the day before Easter always seemed like the busiest day.  Luckily I knew what I was going for so I was in and out of 3 stores in an hour and a half.

We've done a lot of baking today. Mini bunny cakes for our neighbors and cupcakes for our 11 year olds at church and for our dessert tomorrow.
Allie & the cupcake she decorated. 

This evening we did our Easter egg hunt. The girls were soooooo excited!
Scoping out the yard

They were just as anxious to get in and see what was in their eggs!
Avery stopped after opening the first egg and ripped open her candy.......she thought she was going to be able to do that with every egg. She really would have if we didn't stop her. She loves her sweets!!

Their Easter baskets!! I think they turned out pretty good, especially for getting it all at the last minute. They will be searching for them tomorrow in a scavenger hunt!






And finally, Derek is back from Hawaii! The girls were SO excited to see him. It was pretty cute. They wouldn't leave him alone. He brought us back some ALOHA!
I'll post a video of the Easter egg hunt and scavenger hunt sometime next week. Have a Happy Easter!!

1 comment:

TerriV said...

We missed the girls at our egg hunt
but looks like they had a good one
of their own. You were lucky to find
all you were looking for at the store at the last minute! The baskets are cute and can't wait to see the video.
Love ya,Mom