Friday the girls had their first visit to the dentist. Allie has been saying her teeth hurt a lot so I figured I should get them in. I found a pediatric dentist that takes our insurance, Dentistry for Little Folks. When I told Allie I made an appointment she wasn't too happy with me. We talked her through everything that would happen though so I don't think she was all that nervous. First up was x-rays. They only did Allie's since Avery was too young. It was cool to see Allie's grown up teeth in the pictures! Next was the cleaning. Allie was so good! I was surprised that Avery sat right down when it was her turn. But as soon as they asked her to open her mouth she was right back up and crying. Luckily I was able to bribe her with the prizes they give them and she actually did pretty well. Sorry, no pics! The girls didn't want to leave afterwards because they wanted to play some more in the waiting room. :)
Allie also had a playdate on Friday. It was kind of nice because she just went home with her friend, Ethan, right from school so I didn't have to go pick her up. Her friend, Penelope, went with them too. When I went to pick her up she didn't want to leave! We might have to start doing this more often because she is always asking to have friends over or to go to their house.
In other news.......Derek has interview number 2 on Tuesday for Aide de Camp. This interview will be with the GENERAL!! This is such an honor to even be selected and a huge opportunity for him. His year group is up for RIF (cutting people from the Air Force) and if he gets this he'll be guaranteed to stay. Working for the General is great marks on his record and he was told they only select people (even just for the interview process) that they feel are Colonel material. With that being said, we're not sure this is the best time for this to happen. If he gets the job he won't be around much. He'll be traveling at least two weeks of every month. We're good with whatever happens........if it's meant to be then so be it! We'll make do.
2 comments:
I'm glad they did well at the Dentist!! I have to get Adeline in soon and she does NOT want to go! I will have to tell her that Allie did and was brave :) Good for Derek and the interview. YOu will have to keep us updated. I love all the pictures of your girls and miss you guys so much!! We need to have a skype "date" again :)
haha I totally forgot to document what happened to his shoulder on our trip. I just updated it. He busted it snowboarding!!
Post a Comment