Meh-son (medicine) is one of Avery's new favorite words. When we tell her it's time for her medicine she shouts mehson over and over and runs as fast as she can to the kitchen to get it. Who knew a kid could love medicine so much?! Although, as I'm typing this I feel like I've said something like this before. I don't know if it was about Allie or Avery or if I'm just dreaming that I've said it. At any rate, Avery's been taking this medicine for some fungus under her toenail. Well, we weren't sure if that's really what it was or not because her toenails have been growing kind of weird since birth.....but we're pretty sure that is what it was because it seems to be clearing up.
The doctors are pretty sure she's going to have psoriasis like I have (I developed it about 9 months after I had Allie). She already has indentions in her fingernails like me. She has a dry scalp too. I feel so bad for her if she's going to have to live with it all of her life.
The doctors also suspect she may be anemic so we had to go get some blood work done yesterday. The lab tech put the rubber band around her arm to feel where her veins were and Avery started crying. Allie had this done about a year ago so she knew what was going to happen and she covered her eyes and said, "She's going to cry just like I did." The lab tech was really good. He told Avery that she was strong and told her exactly what he was going to do and what it was going to feel like. He even gave her a little pinch with his fingers before he stuck the needle in. When he went to stick the needle in Avery just watched and then looked away until he was done. No crying!! We were all amazed. What a trooper!
She goes back for her two year check up/toenail check up in a couple weeks so we'll see what the results are then.
| showing off her "pook" bandaid |
2 comments:
Avery Elizabeth you are such a big
girl. You do better with a needle
than Mony does!!! I see that you
still like your medicine also! Allie, you are such a big helper!
Love, Mony
Hey pretty girls....you are both so big..
G/G.....love you
Post a Comment