Thursday, August 12, 2010

Little Book Worm

We have the smartest little girl ever! The other day I walked in the room to hear Allie reading a book to Avery. I peeked over her shoulder and she was reading it almost word for word! Where in the world did she learn this? I know it has to be just from memorization. I hate to admit it, but we don't read to our kids all that often anymore. We need to get in the habit of doing it again.......and going over the alphabet and numbers. Allie really is so smart. Her little brain is like a sponge right now. She just absorbs everything and doesn't forget it. That's why it's so important for us to really start teaching her everything now. Avery is a smart cookie too. She picks up a lot from her sister and I have noticed her talking more and more and we're able to understand what she's trying to say. Kids are just awesome!

Anyway, I recorded Allie reading a book the other day. I tried to get up by the words, but the sun was glaring right onto the pages so it's hard to see.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Allie that was great! I listened
to the story twice.
Mony

Anonymous said...

Allie, you are such a good reader. I'm hoping while your home for uncle Buddy and Kim's wedding you might read me a story.....G/G

Anonymous said...

good job Allie bug!!! the toes were cute too Avery..... the snack sounded good..

Aunt Pam and Myles and Preston, and Livvy, Uncle Neil is upstairs, but I bet he will listen later..