I officially have a first grader! Why does time have to go by so fast?!? Allie has learned so much this past year. She is currently reading at a 1st grade level! It's amazing how much a little mind can soak up.
Her last week of Kindergarten was fun filled. They got to bring in beach balls and autograph everyone's ball, they got to blow bubbles, and bring in board games. Allie said her 'Duck, Duck 1, 2, 3' game was a hit.
We decided we should do something for her bus driver. He was always looking out for Allie. There were a couple times I would find myself running to the bus stop to try and get there before the bus came only to find that the bus was already there. He would always watch to make sure I was there. One day I heard him yell out the window to Allie, "Allison, get back in and I'll drive you to your house." (he didn't see me rounding the corner waving at Allie). Allie just pointed at me to let him know I was there. There were other little things too and knowing that she was being watched after was appreciated. So we made him something simple that I think turned out pretty cute. {Derek laughed out loud at the cheeziness}
Did YOU lol?!
For her end of year party we decided on a Summer Fun theme. The kids got to decorate a sand bucket and then we filled them with summer fun things. Here's what I made to put in the bucket:
It's not the best picture but it's a water bottle with this cool krazy straw that goes all around the outside of the bottle. I got them in all different colors and then attached the tag that said, "have a krazy kool summer!" along with a packet of kool aid.
I also brought all of the sweet treats and drinks for the party.......
Here's a peek of what my refrigerator looked like this morning....
The flip flop cookies were a huge hit.
decorating her bucket
we also celebrated summer birthdays
She was excited to have some sort of birthday celebration with her class. She's been asking to bring in cupcakes for her birthday for a while now. Pretty much everyone else has a birthday during the school year so she's felt a little left out.....especially since her teacher loves birthdays and made the day really special for the birthday kids.
Now for a comparison picture from the first day of school to the last day.
| First Day |
| Last Day |
2 comments:
Brooke, you are a great room mom!
Love your ideas and the flip flop
cookies look awesome. Allison Katherine, you are growing up way to fast.
Love you
Allie, can't believe how much you have grown!
Mom did a great job on cookies...so cute!
"congratulations" to the first grade "Allie"
Seems impossible Blake is nearly one!
Post a Comment