Thursday, June 2, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend

We had yet another very busy Memorial Day weekend. Full of birthday parties, celebrating our 7th anniversary, shopping, and Derek even took the girls to the pool for an hour or so. And what holiday wouldn't be complete (for us anyway) without a trip to the Dr? Yesterday we decided, after talking to a nurse friend, that I needed to be seen right away. After calling our insurance to get a referral to go to an Urgent Care we finally got the call back from a nurse to get an assessment to see if it was necessary. I explained what was going on and she said I absolutely needed to be seen right away - within the next 4 hours. Everyone had me so worried. Turns out it was Cellulitus. It's some sort of a bacteria and if I would have waited too long it could have got in my blood stream and become fatal!! Thankfully I caught it early enough and didnt' have to have anything cut open and drained. I was just prescribed some antibiotics and it seems to already be working!

Pictures From The Birthday Party


1 comment:

Tami H. said...

scary! Glad you caught it before it got too bad!

Holy pinata!!!