He also said Happy Founder's Day to me this morning. As it was 7 years ago today that we were married! We have been through so much in the past 7 years. Of course we have had a lot of downs but I can honestly say it's been mostly ups. We've had to spend a lot of time apart but the saying "absence makes the heart grow fonder" is absolutely true. In those 7 years we have been blessed with two amazing little girls and now we have a little boy on the way. We have travelled probably more than a lot of people do in a lifetime. We've been to so many places it would take forever to try to think of them all and make a list (I should do that sometime though!). And Derek has been to even more places. We have lived in 4 different states in 5 different homes. We continue to make new friends who live all over the world.
Yesterday we actually had someone volunteer to watch our girls so Derek and I could go out and celebrate our anniversary. I took her up on the offer and said we would just be gone for an hour or so to go out for dinner. She said to at least stay out for 2 or 3 hours. So, I picked a bit of a fancier restaurant for us to go to. We went to Paesano's.......not the one on the riverwalk, although that one would have been a little more romantic because the Riverwalk is probably one of the most romantic spots around here, but we wanted to stay a little closer to home. This place was still very nice and the food was great. We hadn't had good italian food in quite a while. We asked what was good and our waiter told us their speciality was the Shrimp Paesano -- so that's what i ordered. It was superb! Derek ordered Fettucini Alfredo w/ Chicken and it tasted great as well. Derek told our waiter it was our anniversary and he brought us the dessert menu and let us pick whatever we wanted! We were both already stuffed but couldn't pass up dessert. We narrowed down our choices and then asked the waiter what his favorite was and one the ones he told us was on our list.....so we went with that! Something like Cinnamon, Carmel, Banana Toffee Bread Pudding. This was a first for me. I had never tried Bread Pudding before because it never really looks all that appetizing. I must say it was so good!
![]() |
| Shrimp Paesano! |
Happy Anniversary to US!!

2 comments:
Hope you got my card! Wish we could
have been there to watch the girls
for you. Like I said, you will be
ready for a night out in September
when we come. I'm sure you had a
great evening.
Love,
Mom
It's so fun to catch up on what you are doing! Congratulations on the baby. I hope that your pregnancy is going well!
Post a Comment