gotta get this written down before I forget. I know I've already forgotten a few of the things Allie has said in this last week.
The other day we were having lunch at Wendy's and Allie had a hamburger. She was almost finished with it (probably 3 bites to go) and she said, "What's this yellow stuff?" Derek told her it was mustard. "But I don't like mustard." Then she started whining and saying she didn't like it and wasn't going to eat it. We told her she didn't even notice until she saw it and she had already eaten most of it and seemed to like it so far. "But I didn't know there was mustard on it then and now I know and I don't like mustard so it doesn't taste good." We laughed and she actually laughed too! This is a huge step because whenever anyone laughs at something she says she immediately starts crying. We've tried explaining to her that we're not making fun of her and we're laughing because it's cute. And that it's good to laugh. Maybe we're finally getting through to her.
Another thing she's been saying every night as they get in bed, "I'm SO STINKIN' hot!!!" I'm guessing I've probably said that a lot lately and she's picked it up. It's pretty funny when she says it though.
Also Avery is quickly picking up the art of manipulation .....but it doesn't work very well with us. Every single night she gets out of bed with new excuses to try and stay up. Either her tummy hurts, she has a headache, she's hot, she has to go potty and the list goes on. Unfortunately telling her we'll take her to the Dr. doesn't magically make her feel better anymore.
No comments:
Post a Comment