Allie is having her birthday party tomorrow. She is SO excited!! Her birthday isn't actually until June 21, but we'll be in Indiana and she wanted to do something with her friends. We went a little overboard, I think. We're having the party at an art studio and I'm making the cake. I don't know why I bother with cakes. I am not a baker at all. They never turn out how I envision them. This cake is no different. I am currently baking it, but it's a LONG process as it's six layers.
Anyway, this is what I have done so far:
Goodie bags - Art smock, crazy straw, button candy, airhead, paint, wooden cutout to paint, paintbrush, crayons, stackable colored pencils, stickers to color.....and a personalized Thank You from Allie.
Rainbow Jello - decided to do this thinking it would be easier than cutting up a bunch of fruit. WRONG! This took 2 1/2 hours b/c i had to let each layer set. As you can see, that still wasn't even long enough b/c the layers started to mix in with each other. Again, not what I envisioned but will probably look better than the cake.
3 comments:
Hi Brooke - another enjoyable blog. By the way, can I come to the birthday party? It looks like so much fun. Your girls are soooo cute and I love watching them grow!! love, Janet
Everything looks great!!! Allie
is probably busting at the seams.
Can't wait to hear her talk about
it.
Love,
Mom
I am in awe. I never do things that fancy. I am sure she loved everything you did!
Post a Comment