Friday, November 12, 2010

Veteran's Day

It was nice to have Derek home for a change! All because he so willingly sacrifices his time and efforts to help serve our country. It was a well deserved break for him (and me). We tried to take full advantage of the day. We started off by working on bunk beds for the girls. Derek and Kevin were doing sanding while Tami and I were staining. I had to stop early to get Allie ready for school.......and after I dropped her off Derek and I met at Applebee's for the free Veteran's Day meal. There was an hour wait, so we drove right down the road to Chili's and got right in.....and then when we finished up went back to Applebee's and got right in!!

After the girls got home from school we all went on a nice family hike @ Friedrich Park.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Be careful Derek....Such a neat picture of Allie with the view in background

GG