We thought about going to the lake Friday and then remembered that Allie was now in school and didn't have the day off! I'm sure it wouldn't have been a big deal if we would have taken her out, but she's going to be missing 4 days here in a few weeks and we had plenty of other things we could be doing anyway. It did make us realize that our fun 4 day holiday weekends are now probably over for a while! :(
Saturday morning Derek had his 2nd race. This one was a biathlon. It was technically a team event where one team member would do the 10 mile bike and the other would do the 3.2 mile run. Derek's original partner tore something (hamstring, I think) and his new partner's daughter had a birthday party that day so he told him not to worry about coming. That led Derek to try and get me to ride the bike so he could still compete for a prize. I ended up not doing it because it was very short notice (he asked me the night before). I'm really glad I didn't because he let another guy borrow the bike I would have used for the race and he ended up with a flat tire on the race! Anyway, Derek did the whole thing by himself and came in at just under an hour. He would have been 2nd place in the Men's under 35 division (4th overall), but was disqualified because he did it without a partner.
He still has a few more races until the BIG one in October. His team was actually interviewed.....you can find the article here: http://www.randolph.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123220669
After the race I got to choose an activity for my b-day. I chose Frisbee golf. The place was packed with little league footballers. Football is HUGE here! We only played 5 holes and then let the girls play on the playground for a bit before we left. (I could tell Derek was exhausted).
The rest of the weekend was spent working on a few more projects around the house. As soon as they are done I'll post pics!
For now, here's a few more pictures of the girls........
I forgot to mention that I am now the only one in the family that hasn't been bitten by fire ants! Avery got attacked while we were at Derek's race and Allie got attacked while we were playing frisbee golf!
2 comments:
Poor Derek................
I love that new little head pose Allie has in all her pictures now.
Avery,ride the pony here to see GG.
good job derek!
Poor guy with flat tire!!
Post a Comment