Thursday, August 7, 2008

Our Little Allie Kat.....

...Is the Sweetest Thing! She's growing up so fast and soon she's going to be a BIG sister. I wanted to take a minute or two to "spotlight" our little love bug. She is 2 years old and LOVES to:

  • play in/with water (beach, pool, sprinkler, rain, bath, sand/water table etc)

  • sing and dance

  • pretend (Mommy to her babies, cook food at her kitchen)

  • play with her dollhouse

  • be outside doing anything

  • watch Elmo and Baby McDonald

  • read

  • be silly

There is so much more that she loves, but this post would be way too long if I named them all!


Allie sleeps in her big girl bed all through the night and will get up and play on her own, in her room, for about 30 minutes or so before she heads to the door knocking saying "Mama, Hello". It cracks me up! She can be very loving and is soooo caring. If Derek or I make the slightest sound that we might be hurt she'll ask, "You OTay?"


Right now she plays better on her own than she does with other children, but she's slowly learning to share and get used to the idea of playing with others. She finally made it the whole 2 hours in nursery without crying last Sunday! It was a big accomplishment in our eyes!! When Derek picked her up she was sitting at the table playing with play doh and she just looked over and said, "Hi, Dad" and kept on playing.....then when we left she said, "FUN!"


I know having another little one around will be hard on both her and me. We've become so attached over these last 2 years! The longest we've been apart from one another is just a few hours!!! That is bound to change soon......I'm assuming. I think we'll always have that close knit bond though........we are so much alike (despite the age difference) ;)


Allie had her 2 year checkup on Monday. Everything looked good. She is average for her height and a little under for her weight (22lbs). She's just going to be a petite little thing! She got a shot and cried, of course. But stopped after the nurse handed her a sucker. This is her last shot until she turns 4!!! Yay!!


I could go on and on and on about this sweet little girl. She brings such a joy to us and knows how to make us smile! We love you Allison Katherine!!!


2 comments:

Pfeil Pfamily said...

She is getting sooo big! She will be a great BIG sister. Good Luck on your c-section. We will keep you in our prayers. Much love, Pfeil Pfamily ;)

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how much older she looks. Can't wait to see her in person. Good luck tomorrow.

Love the Fishers