I can't believe how fast this week has gone! Avery is such a good baby. She sleeps a lot and is starting to eat really well too. She did give us a little scare the day after we got home. Derek tried to give her some Vitamin D drops and Avery sucked them down. The next thing we know she's turning purple! It only lasted about 10 seconds, but she was really lethargic afterwards so we rushed to the Children's Hospital ER and had her checked out. They said that it was most likely her body reacting to the strong taste of the vitamin drops. I have noticed that she tends to choke on her milk a lot too so it's something we have to keep a close eye on.
Allie loves her little sister and always wants to hold her or have her lay in her bed with her. I think she is starting to get a little bit jealous. Today was pretty rough on Mony......Allie was taking her anger out on her and then eventually on Avery. So Derek and I took her out on a bike ride, just the three of us, this evening. Right now we're planning on having Allie go back with Grandma and Grandpa for the week next week. This way she'll get more attention and it will make things easier on me since I can't lift her yet or go up and down stairs. Do you think this will make her more jealous though???? That's the main thing that is holding us back from actually going through with the plan. Any opinions or ideas would be greatly appreciated!!!
2 comments:
Brooke,Your girls are adorable. I can't believe how much Avery looks like you. I know it will be the hardest decission you have to make but Allie will not be more jealous. She will be more likely to remember that she had a great time at Monys. Even though Avery doesn't require as much time as she will eventually, Allie will be frustrated that the three of you aren't doing as many of the things that she is used to doing. It won't take long to get into a routine where all four of you are happy. Atleast send her so you can heal and get ready to start doing things with both of them, by yourself. It definetly is a balancing act, but it all works out. Madison and Matthew like each other about 90% of the time.
Congrats to the all!! The girls are beautiful! You've done a great job on the blog and I love the pictures! Janet
Post a Comment