Thursday, August 21, 2008

My C-Section Experience

I thought I would go ahead and share my experience with a c-section this time around. As most of you know, I had a c-section with Allie after going through the whole labor process and in the end she was just too big. I had went in to the hospital after my water broke, at the park next door to us, and was in labor for 22 hours before heading back for the section. I was so tired and out of it that I really don't remember much that went on. So.......



Here is what happened this time around..... I headed into the hospital early Thursday morning and they hooked me up to monitor Avery and get my IV started. I had to take this nasty shot of something right before they wheeled me back to the operating room to keep my stomach settled. Once I was back in the room, I was moved to the operating table and given the spinal block. Things were set up then as I started to numb up. After about 20 minutes they started the procedure. They cut along the same incision as my last c-section. It ended up taking longer than the last one because they had to cut through some scar tissue. I could feel them tugging and finally yank Avery out and when I heard her cry it was just awesome!! It took quite a while for them to get me stitched back up........they were having a student do some of it (little scary for me!) But everything seems to be healing up nicely and I'm up and moving around. No spinal headaches this time around!!! They usually keep c-section patients for 72 hours, but since everything was going so well they let me out at 48 hours.



Overall, it was a good experience....although I would have rather had a natural birth. I'm grateful to be healing so well and to be up and moving around a lot quicker than last time!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow...I'm glad it went much better this time around, and that you're healing and up and walking around already. :)

Clara