Monday, June 22, 2015

Happy Birthday, Allie!!! {9}

My 30th birthday didn't really bother me, but this.....THIS is getting to me! My baby girl is NINE!! This girl is amazing. She is beautiful inside and out. She is incredibly intelligent, has the BIGGEST heart. Always thinking of others and wanting to do good. She is such an example to me. I cannot tell you how many times she has said something to me that really made me think.....or rethink my thoughts or actions. She is wise beyond her years. She really can give some great advice and I often find myself asking her for it! She is my little bestie! :) She is virtuous and lovely and a faithful Daughter of God. She is the one that is always reminding us to say our prayers, read scriptures, etc.
There was one day where we came home from either school or soccer. I'm not really sure where, but both girls asked me why someone didn't have any kids. "Mom, she would be such a great Mom!" they said. I agreed and had to explain different situations. Some people just choose not to have kids, some may have complications and aren't able to, etc. "Mom we need to pray for her!" Allie said. So since about March/April the girls have been praying for this person every single night.....to be able to have a baby if this family so desires and for them to find comfort if they are having complications. She really is amazing. What 9 year old thinks of doing things like this?!? Her heart is so big! When they were having their yearbook signing at school there was someone that told Allie something along the lines of, 'I have never talked to you before but I always see you around school. I don't know why, but I always notice you. There is just something about you that draws my attention.' And then in her yearbook she wrote, "You are an amazing girl who is very very wise. Stay how you are!" So she has the strongest impressions on people without them even really knowing who she is. That says a lot about our Allison. She just radiates goodness!!!

We love our girl so very much! She is such a blessing in our lives. Happy Birthday, Allie Kat!!!


Friday night, Allie and her best friend Kiera had their birthday party. Kiera's birthday was a week before Allie's.


I think their favorite moment from the night was during the dice game. Kiera got called up first to roll the dice and she knocked Allie, Avery, Averi, Kaylee and Blake out! Then Allie rolled next and got Kiera out!! So funny! Blake ended up rolling and getting Emma, Jacob, Charlotte and Sariah out. And Nathan won the game! I just have to say, we are so thankful for church friends. Not a single friend from school came and so if it wouldn't have been for them it wouldn't have been much of a party.

I think they had a great time!

2 comments:

TerriV said...

Allie Kat, 9 years old, you are growing up to fast.
I remember taking your mom to skating birthday parties.
I'm sure you had a great time!! Happy Birthday:)
Love you,
Mony

Unknown said...

Noooooooooooooo :( take this back, she can't be 9. This makes me so sad. I remember meeting her for the first time and she was only a few months old. Happy birthday Allie! We are so very proud of the girl you are and the impression you've made on this world. Never change, always keep your heart as sincere as it is now and love the world as much as you do. You are a perfect definition of beautiful in every way. We love you honey!
P.s. your birthday card should be there any minute!
Love,
BKH