Thursday, July 2, 2015

Summer Break - Week 2

We haven't been up to a whole lot but I will quickly recap the little bit that we have done.

{Father's Day}
Derek was away for Father's Day so we tried to recreate our chalk drawing that we did a couple years ago.

We went to a movie with friends. We saw Inside Out, which I must say was a deep movie. It really makes you think and it was actually a good teaching opportunity to help teach the kids, especially Avery, about emotions and how we can control them. I wasn't completely sure she would understand but she did!

We settled into more of a routine that 2nd week. The girls love following it! I was happy to be able to sit down every day and get some school work in.
 
Playing POP!
 
Blake sorting his cars by color
 
It drizzled one evening and I told the kids to go out and play in it. Avery knocked on the door. She had made herself an umbrella.
 
We also went to High Lodge one day with friends. Just realizing that I didn't take any pictures. I did take a few videos of Blake on the zipline that were super cute.
 
 
 
Fast forward to this week. It has been a hot week with lots of beautiful sunshine! I am loving it!! The girls went to a church soccer camp and just had the best time. Always came home with big smiles on their faces. Then we would come home and get in the pool. I'm not going into much detail because for the rest of the summer our blog posts will be done by Allie! It is her summer writing assignment that I created and she loves the idea and is very excited about it. She's starting with this week and I think she decided she would do her posts on Saturdays or Sundays. So stay tuned!!
 
I will end this blog post with a pic of the kids in the pool. I find Blake quite disturbing in his European - esque swimsuit. I am getting rid of it pronto!! He found it quite amusing.
 
 
 

No comments: