This fortified mansion was built for Lord Hastings, who was seized and executed by Richard III in 1483. It was never finished for this reason. It really would have been a huge, beautiful castle!
Then, we drove about an hour to Stoke-on-Trent where we visited the Monkey Forest. The monkeys were roaming free, however, none came up close to us like they have pictured all over their website. It was a little disappointing and EXTREMELY crowded.
Our last stop for the day was Trentham Estate & Gardens.
The first thing we did when we got there was to sit down and have a little picnic.
Look Mom, a fairy!!
The kids wanted to do another Barefoot Walk
We teamed up and raced through this maze.........Allie & I won!
We found the Secret Garden!
Ended the day with some family pictures







2 comments:
I love seeing all these pictures! And the secret garden is so cool, I completely forgot about that!!
Love,
Bryan, Kim, and Hannah
More beautiful pictures!! I want
the family picture where you are
all sitting on the ground. Maybe a
good thing the monkeys didn't come
to close. I would think they would be mean.
Post a Comment