Thursday, September 26, 2013

Beaters

Thought I'd post a pic of the lovely beaters we purchased to get us around for the next three years...........really, they aren't terrible cars. We are calling them beaters because they are older (99) and have some scratches and dents, a little rust on one, but mostly we don't really care if they get a little beat up which is bound to happen here.


The blue Volvo is mine. Not by choice. This was the first car we bought and was intended for Derek since I wasn't a huge fan of it. We got it for under 1000 GBP, free year MOT and taxed until December. Also only 58k miles.
The Ford is Derek's. After finding our house and realizing how many miles he would be driving everyday we wanted to get something with good gas mileage. This car gets 35-40mpg! Another great thing about his car is that it is smaller and easier to drive on the roads here. Derek loves that it's a semi-automatic. He really wanted a manual but I refuse to drive a manual and it just made more sense to get 2 automatics in case I ever had to drive it for some reason. So, now I can drive it and he can drive in manual if he wants. I drove it for the first time yesterday and I really like it!

Our Highlander just arrived in port last week and we were finally able to pick it up this week. We sold both of our Ford's in Texas before moving here and bought this because it's a Hybrid and gets excellent mpg's. We figured with all of our travelling it's what we would  need. However, in England we stick out like a sore thumb driving an American car so we don't really plan on driving it too much around here. We will definitely be taking it on all of our trips over to mainland Europe though!

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG- is that wipers I see on the headlights?? Sweet !

Love ya,
Aunt Ang