Saturday, September 7, 2013

Avery's First Day of Kindergarten

Avery was sooo excited to start school. She was excited to pick out school supplies, get a new backpack and a new back to school outfit. She was excited to meet her teacher, see her school and classroom, make new friends. She was excited to ride the bus and be a big girl like Allie. It was so cute to watch her excitement. I was so incredibly proud of her. I figured she would freak out at some point........but she kept proving me wrong. I thought for sure it would happen the morning school was supposed to start then.........but no, she was up early and ready to get ready for school. She had a huge smile on her face and you could see the excitement in her eyes. As it was getting closer and closer for us to leave for school I could see the nervousness start to creep up on her, but she was still happy, no tears and all was good. She was fine even walking to the playground where everyone gathers. We found her teacher and was shy around her. When it came time to start walking to her class she gave me a big hug and started off ..........and then, all of a sudden, she turns around and comes running back to me crying. The nerves finally got the best of her!! We hugged some more and I walked her a ways to get her caught up with her class. With some words of encouragement she was back in line with her classmates. I snuck around where she couldn't see me to make sure she was okay. She had stopped crying but still looked very nervous. I was worried about her all day and hoped she would have a great first day. I was SO relieved and happy to see her smiling big when she got off the school bus that afternoon!! She did have a great day and she loves school. She only went 2 1/2 days this week due to Labor Day/no school on Monday and then she came home with a fever Thursday.......and, even though she felt better, had to stay home Friday because they have to be symptom free for 24 hours. Can't believe my baby girl is in Kinder!!!!

2 comments:

TerriV said...

Avery Elizabeth, you turned 5 years
old and now you are going to school
all day. I bet you are making a lot
of friends. Your shoes look like they are on the wrong feet, did you
get mixed up when you put them on?
Love ya,
Mony

Anonymous said...

Great job Avery ! So happy you are liking school. Hope all is well there with everyone. Hugs and kisses to you all :)

Love,
Aunt Angie