We finally made it to the "new" Aquatica. It's a little disappointing because there were really only 2-3 new slides and then a few upgrades and now they charge an extra $20 per person admission if you want to go into the waterpark. We still had fun even though we spent the entire day walking around like this........
Not 100% sure when we lost my sandal but more than likely it was around the first slide we went on. It was one of the new ones where the family can ride down and at the end you go through a tunnel with the sting rays swimming around you. Well, since it's basically the main attraction of the waterpark we were in a hurry to go on that one before lines got long. Derek and the girls went and when they were walking back I started taking all of my non-swim apparel off and sloppily threw it into the stroller. I realized it was gone about 3 hours later when Avery needed to go to the bathroom and I wasn't about to walk in the bathroom barefoot. We spent a good 30 minutes or so walking around the park looking for it and asking around --- no luck. So the above picture shows how we walked around all day. Allie loaned one of her sandals to Derek while Allie rode in the stroller. Whenever she got out Derek had one sandal on. What you can't really tell from this picture is that one of Avery's sandals are broken too. What a sight we were!
We were having so much fun we didn't really take many pictures. This was also probably the longest we've ever stayed there too. We were there from 10 - 5:30!
This slide has always been here.......first time Allie rode it. I was nervous for her b/c she definitely can't touch in that water. And it's the first tube slide she's ridden by herself. She was all smiles afterwards though and said, "it was long and smooth!"
holding on tight!
After the waterpark we went to the regular part of Sea World so the girls could ride the Shamu Rollercoaster and Merry Go Round. Then we went to the Bay of Play for a little bit. Blake was extremely tired here but loved playing with the water.
Allie was so brave to ride this! We've tried to get her to ride every time we've been. I went to give her a hug before we got on because I could tell she was really nervous. Her heart was beating out of her chest! As soon as we sat down she said, "it's so high!" I think I did a pretty good job of keeping her calm and easing some of the fear. Once we went down she said, "that wasn't big!" I think she was relieved that it was over and that she didn't get soaked. When we asked if she wanted to go again she said, "no it almost broke my back."
2 comments:
that is the cutest thing! I love that Allie let Daddy borrow her shoe! What a sweetie pie!
Allie, you are so brave to ride that big boat!! I can tell you have
been taking swimming lessons. You need to take an extra pair of shoes
from now on.
Post a Comment