Both girls were easy to get up for the first day. The bus comes at 7 am.....it's still dark out! Right from there we have to load up in the car to head to PreK, which starts at 7:40. It takes us a good 20-25 minutes to get there with the crazy morning traffic. When I dropped Avery off she was trying to be so brave. I could tell she was nervous because she was holding on to me and didn't want me to leave her side. Once Ms. Bellah said it was time to go in the classroom she started crying.......hysterically! The aide grabbed her and told me to go. I could hear her crying all the way down the hallway. :( Once I picked her up she seemed okay. They said it took her a long time to join in with everyone. Day 2 - she walked right into the classroom and didn't look back, joined in groups but didn't talk. Day 3 - pretty much the same except she is warming up to the teachers a little bit more.
Back to Day 1 ---- with Allie her bus is supposed to drop off around 3:10. I decided to head over there early because the bus driver decided to switch the route up last year and make our bus stop the first drop off instead of the last. Well, it was like 3:20 when the bus finally came. Blake was very cranky by this time and I was SO hot. Kids kept piling off the bus but Allie never got off! I felt like I was having a heart attack. We went back to the house as quickly as possible. I found my phone and saw I had a message from the school. It was a teacher wanting to know where I was. I called them back, loaded up the kids and then couldn't find my keys. The house keys are on the keychain with the car keys so I had to run and find our spare key hidden outside. By the time we finally got to the school I was drenched (from waiting so long at the bus stop, running to find the key, and just from being so worked up). After I got Allie I broke down. I felt so horrible for her waiting there and not knowing what was going on. And, it ended up being my fault. With all of the craziness going on at home and having all the kids with me when I was filling out the TON of paperwork they have us fill out I had wrote down that Allie was going to be parent pick up?!? I don't even remember writing that! My only thought was that parent pick up was fresh in my mind from filling out Avery's paper work or something. I don't know. I'm just glad that she was okay and that she was at the school and not on the wrong bus.
| Day 2 |
2 comments:
The girls outfits are darling....hoping Avery has settled in at school and enjoying it by now.
Blake, hope your birthday was full of fun times
grandma great!
Love u all !
So glad Avery is liking it more now and easier at drop off. It always makes it so hard for the parent when they have melt downs! I would have had a heart attack too about the bus situation. Glad everything worked out. I can totally see myself doing something like that!
Post a Comment