First, Derek is almost done with his job as Aide de Camp! We're all ready for that to be done. It was a good opportunity and he enjoyed it (and racked up some nice airline miles) but we're ready to get back on somewhat of a normal schedule. Last Thursday they had an early Farewell Luncheon for him and a few other guys/gal that are leaving soon too. Avery, Blake and I were able to go and it was really nice. General Otto and Chief Ricker had a lot of very nice things to say about Derek. General Otto told a pretty funny story about Derek and how cheap he is. I'll have to have Derek write out the story because I know I'll miss some important details.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Derek has been busy making more cornhole boards. Everytime we make a set for ourselves he ends up giving it away. He has made 10 sets now and we still don't have one for ourselves. He recently made four to give as gifts to people he works with. Here is a picture of him and Blake working on the finishing touches of one of them.
Since he was making so many different ones he just used gray for everyone's main color....otherwise it would have been really expensive.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Teacher Appreciation week was last week. Remember how I went all out last year? Well, I didn't this year. I did try to get her teacher things I knew she liked. I just didn't spend as much or get as cutesy as last year. I did a lot throughout the year as Room Mom..... This is as cute as it got:
Her teacher loves Coke so I got her a bottle with some popcorn for her to snack on one day. We also got her some new dry erase markers for the classroom, brought her lunch one day from one of her fav restaurants, and Allie wrote her a sweet note and drew her a picture of her favorite memory of the school year. We also got her a bunch of scrapbook paper and a nice container for them since she really enjoys scrapbooking.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Remember the video I posted just a week ago with Blake "crawling". Well, he is now really crawling all over the place. He can also go from laying down to sitting up. He finally said "ma ma" the other day. I've been able to get him to say it one other time since though. He just isn't a very talkative boy. Derek says that's just how boys are. Blake loves to do the "SO big" move where he raises his arms up when I say it. It's pretty cute. He also likes to play "peek - a - boo".
2 comments:
Yes you did get pampered by Allie......Derek could probably make the corn hole boards with his eyes shut. Just so hard to believe how big Blake is getting.
The Air Force cornhole boards look
really sharp, good work Derek!
Can't wait to play peek a boo with
you Blake.
Post a Comment