Saturday, July 31, 2010

Mony and Papa's Visit

We were so sad to see Mony and Papa leave for home today. It was so great to see them and show them a little bit of San Antonio. We're going to miss them a lot.....and look forward to seeing them again 2 months when we head back to Indiana. The ride to the airport this morning was a quiet ride. When we pulled up we all got out to give our hugs. I know that Avery had no idea that Mony and Papa were leaving. I do believe that Allie knew and she was being so strong. I could tell that there were moments where she was trying so hard not to cry (as was I). Once Mony and Papa went through the doors into the airport we put the girls back in the van. Right away Avery starts crying for Mama (that's what she calls my Mom). That was Allie's breaking point........she said, "Avery want's Mony and Papa to come back." Then she just let all of her tears out. That, in turn, lead to my breaking point. After that we ran some errands and Avery started crying for her Papa. I'm sure we'll hear that a lot over the next few days. Love you Mom and Dad! So glad you were able to come and visit and can't wait for the next one!

While I'm thinking about it I have to share a cute story from dinner last night. We went out to eat and my Dad and Derek were throwing their money back and forth at each other because they both wanted to pay. My Dad starts handing the money to me, Avery and Allie. We all gave it back, but Allie's response was super cute. I don't remember the exact words but she said something like - We don't need that Papa we already have a bunch of it! - it was soo funny!

And I can't believe I didn't mention Allie's arm coming out of socket again. I don't even remember what night it was now. Her and Derek were just playing and she took off while Derek still had her hand and it popped out. She was in a lot of pain. It took forever for us to get approval to take her to Urgent Care. We hate going to the ER because the waits are always so long. We finally get to urgent care and the paper work is almost completely filled out and it pops back in! We were all relieved and we just left. Anyway, I just wanted to get that down for our record.

3 comments:

Laurie said...

poor Allie!! that sounds painful.

Unknown said...

awww, I feel your pain on that one. It's sooooo hard! It's getting worse now that Jack is old enough to be aware that they are leaving. So heartbreaking :(

Anonymous said...

Brooke,
Miss you already!! I keep looking
at the pics on the blog and enjoy
watching the video.
Love, Mom