Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Photo Session and Riverwalk

Yesterday the girls had their photos taken. Allie, for her 4 year shoot and Avery, for her 2 year. I was kind of worried about going back to a regular ol' photo studio after being spoiled by my awesome friend who is an amazing photographer (nicolebarkerphotography.blogspot.com  - holla!) I haven't had enough time to really research anyone around here yet BUT I was pleasantly surprised by the pictures that were taken especially since Avery was being so ornery. If you want to view them here is the link: (just enter my name as the customer name (https://www.smilesbywire.com/home.asp?AC=LTPP0300105792JCP).

My Mom bribed them with Build -A- Bear. I don't think Allie really needed the bribing because she is such a a natural when it comes to posing for the camera. It didn't work at all for Avery, but since she's spoiled rotten she got a bear too.
Still posing

Last night we went to the Riverwalk, but it poured down rain the whole time we were there so we didn't get very far or do much. Just tried to stay dry and then ate at a restaurant that I had bought a $25 gift certificate for (it only cost me $2 to buy it though through restaurant.com) The catch was that we had to spend at least $45 dollars to use the gift certificate. That was so easy with 6 of us and I have a feeling that all of the restaurants on the riverwalk are going to be pricey.
Allie's reaction to the thunder. In her defense, it was REALLY loud!
At the restaurant, La Poloma, this trio came in and played the chicken dance for the girls. Derek got the pic right as they finished. Check out the guys fly!

Today we just chilled. The girls were up super early for going to bed so late. I think we were all tired. We didn't get out of the house until 1! Derek and I had our first softball practice tonight. Well, it wasn't THE first practice.....just the first that we've been able to make it to since we had someone to watch the kiddos. I jammed my finger pretty good. It's been like 18 years or something since I've played. I'm pretty rusty!
Not too much planned for tomorrow, but Thursday is Schlitterbaun! I'm so excited for that...it's always one of the top 3 waterparks on the travel channel. Can't wait!

2 comments:

Introspective Steph said...

i'm jealous you're going to Schlitterbaun! We always watch the top waterparks on the travel channel. It looks so much fun!!!

That guy must have just gone that bathroom... ha ha

Anonymous said...

So much fun..........

G/G