
First of all, props to all of you teachers out there........I now realize, even more, how important and time consuming and frustrating and rewarding and etc etc etc that your job is! You have to have sooo much patience and put a lot of thought and creativity into your lessons to keep the kids focused.
Recently, and I say that very loosely, I started up a "preschool" for Allie. Okay, so I started back in September and we're focusing on the alphabet (one letter a week)....we're on the letter "B". Yeah, I haven't got very far (thanks, in part, to my new hobby of couponing!)Anyway, so mainly I'll have Allie practice writing the letter and then we'll do a little art, math or science. Each day I'll sort of focus on some thing or object that starts with the letter of the week. We'll maybe even throw in a few field trips here and there (stay posted for some pics of a couple recent ones!)
I had always thought that I would want to be a teacher, but I'm really glad I didn't become one because I don't think I would have been all that great at it :) I do love making up lesson plans, but they never go as planned. And I cannot, for the life of me, figure out to keep this girl focused!! I don't want to give up because I know Allie needs and wants to learn this but she just gives up soooo easily. Hmmmm, kind of sounds like her momma :)
Any suggestions on what I could do to get her (and me) to keep at it and stay focused???
2 comments:
Well, i don't teach in preschool...but it sure feels like it when I'm teaching my lesson for Sunbeams. So, here are my thoughts.
Sunbeams have almost ZERO ablility to stay focused for long periods of time. So, what I do is put activities throughout the lesson. So, to begin we have an activity on whatever we're learning...say a body part. We'll start with head Shoulders, Knees, and Toes. Then I'll introduce the topic and talk about it for a bit. Then once I notice they are starting to not pay attention, I'll introduce another thing...whether it be another topic or activity.
And from what I remember of my preschool days we had a lot of activity time: crafts, etc as well as learning. OH, and don't forget snack time...that was my FAVORITE Time in preschool and playtime.
HOpe this helps...Good Luck
The things that have worked with Matthew is to do the lesson before he can go out and play so we do a lesson after breakfast before he plays and right after lunch. That is the only way we get any where with him. So we don't do school from 9-11 We do a few things throughout the day But maybe that is the difference between boys and girls.
Crystal
Post a Comment