Remember the scene in Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory where they are flying above the town after bursting through the glass elevator? Well, this is the town that's in the movie!
this is how you drive in to these little towns
{Dinkelsbuhl, Germany}
very cute little town!
{Rothenburg ob der Tauber, Germany}
This is another small town that still has all of its walls up that are surrounding it. It was kind of neat to see how they probably would have protected themselves from attacks and such. This town has a lot of charm and is very touristy....reminded us of Brugge in Belgium a little bit.
one of the walls
you can climb up and walk around the outer boundaries of the wall
view from up in the wall
this pic cracks me up....a bratwurst lunch!
prisoner area
{Wurzburg, Germany}
Last stop on the romantic road!
Fortress Marienburg
{Ramstein Air Base, Germany}
Our resting place for the evening. So nice to be able to park for FREE and get on the internet for FREE and only pay $37 for a room!
I love the pictures! You guys look like you are having a wonderful time. Joe and I went to Rothenburg ob der Tauber and loved it. I hope you continue to have an enjoyable trip. See you when you get back.
3 comments:
I love the pictures! You guys look like you are having a wonderful time. Joe and I went to Rothenburg ob der Tauber and loved it. I hope you continue to have an enjoyable trip. See you when you get back.
All of the picture's are absolutely beautiful....A trip you'll remember forever.
Grandma
Thanks for letting us viewers "in" on your experience! I love the pics of paris at night, and all of the beautiful mountains and towns!
Post a Comment