Sunday, August 2, 2009

Pictureless

I know it's been a little while since I've posted anything. We really haven't been up to many exciting things lately and the few fun things we have done I've either forgot the camera or we didn't have any charged batteries. So, no pictures or anything exciting to really say. We went to the Cincinnati History & Natural Science Museum and IKEA last weekend, I think it was. Derek and I took the waverunners out one more time and the girls and I met the other Hubers at the splash park today.

The only other exciting thing, for us anyway, was Derek finally filling out his dream sheet for our next location. I don't remember everything or the exact order but it includes:
  • Lackland (San Antonio, TX)
  • Nellis (Las Vegas, NV)
  • Colorado Springs
  • Hawaii
  • Florida
  • Wright Patt (stay here in Ohio)
  • Aviano (Italy)
  • Lajes (Portugal)
  • Ramstein (Germany)
  • Indiana - anywhere where there is a university
  • Idaho - anywhere there is a university
  • Utah - anywhere there is a university

I'm really loving all of these options and I know Derek is too. I think we would be pretty happy at any of these places.......a few are still close to Derek's family, but we'll sure miss my family! But at least they'll be fun places to visit right Brooke's fam!? Anyway, hopefully we'll get one of these........I think it's pretty likely that we will (most likely Lackland or Nellis). Those last three listed are for Derek to be a ROTC teacher like @ Purdue or some other college. We would really love to do that at some point, but maybe not just yet.....a little later in his career when he's near retirement and we're ready to settle somewhere would be more ideal.

3 comments:

Charity Brown said...

Wow! Those are some fun places!!!

Unknown said...

Florida would be awesome!!

Laurie said...

Some of those places are on our dream list. That would be great if we end up in the same place!