Oh, I almost forgot......another perk with being close to my Mom and Dad...they love to spend time with their granddaughters and I'm pretty sure they would rather have that one on one time with them so Derek and I almost always take advantage somehow and leave the girls with them and go out and do something ourselves. Well, this time we took our jet ski's out. We don't get them out very often, first time this summer in fact. It was a lot of fun. We've decided we're going to sell them though.....just because they are so impractical with little ones and we still have the boat. So, if anyone knows of someone that might be interested let me know!!
Sunday was our niece Kaiya's 1st birthday so we spent the afternoon over at their place celebrating the special occasion! Again, so great to be CLOSE to family!
Last night we went camping with friends. We set up tents and stuff and then headed out to the lake about an hour or so before sunset. Just enough time to get some wakeboarding and tubing in. Then headed back to camp and ate a late dinner and s'mores. This was Av's first time camping and she was great. Allie acquired a battle wound while running around in the dark. It looks really nasty! Every time we camp at this place, Caesar's Creek, there are always tons of raccoons around. They were fearless little buggers last night! The girls and I were all getting a little scared and the boys were having a blast going after them. It was a good trip, although camping is always so exhausting and a lot of work for one night. I would love doing a 2 or 3 night camping trip sometime!!
4 comments:
Oh, I need to get to the Gap outlet soon! I haven't been in way too long!!! That's so great for you guys that you have so much family so close! How fun!
Allie, what did you do ? Glad you
already had your pics taken.
Love, Mony
There you go again being adventurous! The girls will have so many memories. :)
Poor little Avery looks scared to death on the Barker blog
GG
Post a Comment