Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Columbus Zoo & Aquarium

So this week is going to be filled with lots of fun and exciting things because my Mom and Dad are here for the ENTIRE week! I know I'll be taking tons of pictures so I better update each night or I'll have one HUGE post! Today we went to the Columbus Zoo.....a couple days late for getting in with the free military deal, but we still got in 50% off with my Boonshoft membership card. I didn't really know what to expect because we were so spoiled with the St Louis Zoo (being free and fairly large) but this zoo really is pretty nice. It is big, there are a lot of animals and other fun things for the kids to do as well....like rides a huge playground, shows, and petting areas in almost every little area. We didn't even get to a couple sections of the animals and to the "ride" part of the park and we spent practically all day there. You'll see that our favorite part was the monkeys!!
When you visit the kangaroos they are all out in the open and could come right up to you if they really wanted!!
baby Beco is only a few months old

Allie & Baby BECO

orangutan

gorilla


boat ride

carousel

The day wouldn't be complete without Dip n Dots!

LONG DAY!

3 comments:

Nicole and Abe said...

looks like fun! I really want to go there. Nice that we get 50% off!

Anonymous said...

Cute pic's...G/G

Brooke said...

I'd love to go back there again. Maybe we can go sometime after you get back from your trip.