Allie, Avery and I headed to Lafayette last Friday to stay for the week. Our main reasons for going were to attend baby showers. My cousin, Ashley, is due November 6th and I couldn't miss that......we were like sisters growing up! I can't wait to meet her little boy! Our family is expanding so fast....with a baby girl due in a couple of weeks and another baby girl due in January!! Then I also went to Melissa's shower, one of my friends from high school. She's having a little boy, Jack, in December. It was good to see her and her mom, Katrina and her adorable baby girl, Paige (looking so cute in her Colts outfit)!
Our week was soooooo busy. We hung out with GG for a few days and the rest of the days we spent shopping with my Mom. I didn't get a whole lot of sleep, but I couldn't pass up the shopping since it's almost impossible to do with 2 kids alone. One day while we were shopping at Target we saw a crowd around one of the check out lanes. So, I went down there and standing there at the register was Robin Williams. I started to walk back to get my Mom's phone so I could take a picture and as I left them Allie started crying for me. My mom told her I was going to go see a movie star and that I'd be right back. Well, she wanted to see the movie star and was whining about it so they headed over too. As we were walking over there he was done checking out and looked like he was getting ready to leave. So I just said oh well and we turned around to head out. Then he passes us........Allie is still whining about seeing the movie star. So, we catch up to him and my Mom says to him, "She's crying because she wants to see the movie star." Robin Williams says, "Oh, well she's not even old enough to know who this movie star is." He wasn't very friendly so we just walked away! I can sort of understand since everyone was swarming around him and he probably never gets a break, but still.......a cute, crying little girl!! Anyway, I guess he was in town for a performance at Purdue. I read in the paper the next morning that he told the audience immediately to "remember this moment the old fashioned way....in your memory." He didn't want any pictures taken and to end up on Facebook or MySpace.
I know this is probably boring, especially without pictures (I didn't take any this time).
But this week was fun, exhausting and lonely (w/o Derek)........but mostly fun!!
4 comments:
We sure enjoyed having you and the
girls for the whole week. Next time you will have to pump so your
dad and I can take them for the day
and you can rest. Love ya!!
Brooke, I enjoyed our visit and getting to meet the little gals. What cuties you have. You do a nice job on your blog! Janet
Glad I saw you at Kohl's. You have such a lovely family. You looked great and hope to see you all again.
The Marion Family
Hi! It was great to see you! You looked great and Avery is so precious. She is beautiful, just like Allie! We will have to get together sometime when you are in town again.
Post a Comment