Monday, October 13, 2008

King's Island


This brought back a lot of fun memories of our many trips to King's Island as a kid! We've definitely grown up a lot since then because the park seemed a lot smaller than what we remembered. The biggest change, though, was having a child of my own to watch on the rides! It was so amazing to see Allie overcome her fears and then to watch her be so proud of herself afterwards!! Her first ride was on the merry-go-round and she was quite hesitant to get on (or stay on). Then we were off to the helicopters and when she got off of this ride she proudly yelled, "I did it" and was smiling from ear to ear. Her first few rides were with one of us, but by the end of the day she was riding on her own.





Then we headed to Howl -o- Fest where Allie got to walk through a hay bale maze, pick a pumpkin from the pumpkin patch and color it and one for Avery too.


At 7:00 the scary stuff started coming out and the fog was on full blast. We could hardly see where we were going! My Mom and Dad took Allie and Avery and headed home while the rest of us stayed and were ready to have a fun night! Our first stop was to ride Invertigo and while we were in line we were deciding on what we thought would be the most fun of the haunted areas to go through. Just as we were getting ready to get on the ride we get a phone call.......my parents have no way of getting in the house! So we ride the rollercoaster and then head home, which may have been a good thing because after that ride I was extremely dizzy and just did not feel good at all (hence the name). I was even still dizzy the next day! It was still a lot of fun though.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the pics and the way they lead up to Allie riding alone, such a big girl!!! I've already
decided I can't wait until Thanks-
giving to see you again. So maybe
I will come so see Allie go trick
or treating, that would break up
the 6 weeks.

Anonymous said...

I remember when we went to Kings Island. We looked so forward to that trip. So much fun!! I love the family picture, it is very good. Way to go Allie, you are such a big girl!