Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Huber Happenings



Wow! It's been a while since I've posted. We've been super busy and, on top of that, I think the lack of sleep has kept me from posting. Well, this weekend was exhausting...but tons of fun. Derek's Mom and Dad, Kevin, Tami, Abby and Kaiya all came to visit!!

Friday they all went to the Air Force Museum while I took Avery to her 1 month Dr's visit. Everything went well and she's already at 8 lbs even. I also got my blood pressure checked and everything looked fine there. Saturday started off bad for me (I only got 4 hours of sleep b/c Avery was up most of the night), but we did go to the Beavercreek Heritage Days Festival and the girls were able to make rag dolls and a top. After that we headed to the lake and I rode the waverunners for the first time since we had them! It was a ton of fun.

Sunday was Avery's blessing. She looked so cute in her dress and Derek did an awesome job!

She was blessed to:


  • have a knowledge of Heavenly Father

  • have a sharp mind to discern right from wrong

  • build a strong testimony and be able to enter the temple one day

  • follow the Spirit

  • continue to make decisions of righteousness to bring happiness and joy to life

She is an amazing little girl and was quiet the whole time, she looked as if she was glowing afterwards. Joining Derek in the circle were his Dad, Kevin, his friends Abe and Sheldon, and the Bishopric.


After church we headed outside and found ourselves in 60 + mph winds. On our way home small tree branches and leaves were flying around everywhere......stop lights were out and blowing back and forth like crazy. Traffic was backed up for miles because of this so we took a back way home, which probably got us home faster but there were tons of trees down along the road. Once we finally got home we found our neighbors chairs in our yard, our gazebo torn into pieces and Allie's swingset was also apart. We were fortunate not to have had more damage than what we did have and we were also still with power while most of the neighborhood (and all of Ohio for that matter) were without! Kevin and Tami were traveling back to Chicago through all of this mess and were very blessed to make it home safely, but they ran into some obstacles along the way!

2 comments:

Tami H. said...

Good pics, you got all of them looking. Thanks for putting us up. Your house looks fabulous!!! We love all the pics you have up. Allie's room looks good too - I like that "I am a Child of God" sign. Thats awful about your Gazeebo thing - is it totally busted?
Can't wait to see you guys again. We love you!!!!

Anonymous said...

We are so sorry we missed Avery's
blessing. Looks like the girls
had a good time and I'm sure you
had a nice visit with Derek's family. Avery looks soooo much
bigger!! Looking forward to seeing
you on the 26th. Love ya!!!!

Mom