Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Allie's Home!!!

Yay! I didn't think the day would get here quick enough. Derek and I were so anxious for her to get here. I don't know how many times we called my Mom and Dad to ask when they would be here! Then when we heard car doors shutting outside the house we both ran for the door to give Allie a big hug and kiss.

It's so crazy how long that week felt AND how much different Allie looked to us. She looked so BIG! Everything about her......her eyes seemed bigger, her head looked bigger, her hands and feet...... not just physical things either, she was talking more and her mannerisms seemed "older." The weirdest thing is changing her diaper! There is a HUGE difference between changing her and changing Avery (I've been doing that a lot lately!)

Yesterday was my first full day all alone with my girls. I was a little worried about it when I woke up because the past few nights Avery hasn't been sleeping very well and I was tired. It actually wasn't bad. We kept ourselves busy going on walks, swimming in Allie's pool, playing at the sand table, playing with baby dolls, giving Avery a bath and so on. Allie is such a good helper too, which makes things a little bit easier. We even got a nap in!! Then to top the evening off we went to Bravo for dinner.....for my birthday!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Allie had a lot of fun while she was away. She even learned how to wash dishes!!

She got to hang out with a lot of family that she doesn't get to see very often (or have one on one time with). She had a GREAT time with Mony & Papa, GG, Ashley, Amy, and Carma. I think she even spent a little bit of time with cousins Morgan and Mason. We thank all of you for your help!!!!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Since my Mom and Dad brought Allie back and it was Labor Day weekend they just stayed here for a few days. We definitely stayed busy with going to the AF Museum, shopping at the Outlet Mall and hanging out at Wegerzyn Gardens. Mom and Dad even surprised me with an ice cream cake!

The water was shut off the night before for the rest of the year. Bummer!


Our first family photo! LOL

1 comment:

Nicole and Abe said...

I am happy that Allie is home! Adeline and I will have to come and visit soon! I can't believe how big Avery is already looking!