Thursday night we headed to Caesar Creek with some friends to do some camping! We really love the outdoors and we needed to get in one more camping trip before the baby comes. The evening went by really quick, which makes you question whether or not it's really all worth it for just one night. It's soooo much work, but it really is worth it (we'll have to do 2 or 3 nights next time though)! Abe and Nicole made tin foil dinners for us and they were yummy! Of course we had S'mores and a late night snack of hot dogs. For breakfast, Derek made scrambled eggs, bacon and sausage links. Through the night there was some WILD animal roaming around our tents. We swear it had to be a wild pig of some kind because it was snorting. I would have figured that we would have some raccoons, but do they snort? I don't know, but whatever it was kept me from leaving the tent through the night to go potty. I was in so much pain!!
 |
 |
| Allie & Addie | What cuties! |
 |
 |
| Adeline was fearless w/ the tube | Good Morning! |
 |  |
| Allie & Chloe | Brooke's breakfast, can you guess what it is? |
Then we were off to the lake. We were all pretty exhausted, Allie was ready to go though! I really can't get over how much she loves the beach and the water now. Despite the lack of sleep we still had a great time. The girls pretty much spent most of the time on the beach (dodging the goose poo) and the boys were out playing on the boat. Afterwards we were all starving so we stopped at Subway before heading home for our naps!!
After this trip it really seems that we might have to get Allie a dog!!
Answer to the breakfast question: Scrambled Eggs!! It looks disgusting, I know, but it was actually pretty good. I don't like eggs to begin with so I asked Derek to cook them in some bacon grease for me.......so he did!
No comments:
Post a Comment