Tonight was one of our family favorites.....Chicken & Noodles, Mashed Potatoes and Corn. We absolutely love it! I know that most of our blog readers already know the recipe, but I will go ahead and post how I cook it. The crazy thing is, it's so common to us because we grew up with it. My Mom and Dad fixed it for us all the time and Grandma would always fix it for our holiday dinners. But....Derek and I have learned that a lot of people don't know what it is or have never had it before. We've had plenty of people (from different parts of the country) over for dinner to have Chicken and Noodles and they've said it's their first time having it. Maybe it's a Midwest thing?
Anyway here's how we do it:
Chicken & Noodles
1. Cook chicken in crock pot
- cover in water (I add chicken bouillon, fresh chopped garlic, onion powder and pepper)
2. Bring 3 small cans of chicken broth (along with juice from crock pot) to a boil and cook 1 package of egg noodles in it
3. Meanwhile start mashed potatoes and corn
4. Shred chicken and add to noodles (keep cooking until most of the liquid is gone)
5. Eat and Enjoy! (we like to mix it all together!!)
Anyway here's how we do it:
Chicken & Noodles
1. Cook chicken in crock pot
- cover in water (I add chicken bouillon, fresh chopped garlic, onion powder and pepper)
2. Bring 3 small cans of chicken broth (along with juice from crock pot) to a boil and cook 1 package of egg noodles in it
3. Meanwhile start mashed potatoes and corn
4. Shred chicken and add to noodles (keep cooking until most of the liquid is gone)
5. Eat and Enjoy! (we like to mix it all together!!)
No comments:
Post a Comment