Thursday, January 28, 2016

CrEaTe

I received a gift yesterday. It touched my heart so much. It is so special to me and came at the perfect time.

I find myself being a people pleaser. It truly makes me happy to make others happy and I don't find it a burden to do special things for special people. However, sometimes it can get exhausting when you feel like the things you do aren't appreciated or are easily forgotten. When I start to feel like that it really hurts. I do think I have a big heart and I am an emotional person so it not only hurts but like really hurts to the core when I feel like I am not appreciated. I start to question why I do things for others and while I don't really know the answer to this I would think it comes down to "do unto others as you would have them do unto you." Who wouldn't like to have someone do something really special and thoughtful for them? When I go out of my way to do something special for someone it's usually because I know they are having a hard time with something or they have just been so kind to our family and I want them to know they are being thought of and/or they are appreciated. Sometimes it would be nice to have that feeling myself. I don't want to say that I expect something in return when I do these things -- because I'm doing things for them out of love and appreciation. But it is just nice to know the things you do are meaningful to them and sometimes when I am visibly feeling down or having a hard time it would be nice to know I have someone out there who cares about me and my feelings. My family will do sweet and thoughtful things for me and I'll have friends take kids for me, which is awesome!, but doing something like this is something I've never had done for me before. I've expressed some of my feelings on Facebook recently when I found a quote about people pleasing. I'm not sure if this was in response to that or another conversation I had with this person or just because she genuinely cares (or a combination).......but this meant so much to me. So very grateful for this person. I may not be cool enough to be a good friend, but ever so grateful that our lives crossed paths and for the good she has done in our lives.

No comments: