A few weeks ago Avery was complaining of her "bottom" hurting. Meaning it hurt to go pee. We always make her go to the bathroom before she goes to bed and on this particular night she was crying like she was in some really bad pain and she just couldn't go even though she was trying (which made the pain worse). She never did go and I just decided I would get her an appointment to see the doctor the next day. Well, the next morning she was up early as usual. She always comes into my room every morning and tells me she has to go potty. I always tell her she doesn't have to tell me and to just go......but she always wakes me up to tell me. This morning was no different. I remember listening to see if she cried and she never did. I ended up getting up shortly after to get Allie ready for school. Once we got back I asked Avery if it still hurt to go potty. She said no and she also told me she kept her diaper dry. I then remembered she hadn't flushed the toilet so I went up to look. All that was in the toilet were 5, fairly large, dark colored "stones". I didn't see any sign of pee. I didn't think it was poo because she always yells for me to come wipe her whenever she poos. It looked somewhat like a corn kernel but darker in color. My curiousity got the best of me and I fished one out with toilet paper. It was VERY hard and when I pushed hard enough it crumbled into smaller "stones". I really think it was kidney stones! I have no idea how she passed such large ones and why she didn't scream in pain that morning if that is really what it was though. We went in to the doctor last Monday for a follow-up on Allie's ears (everything looked good this time) and I mentioned it to the doctor. She had Avery pee in a cup and tested it. Everything came back normal. They sent it in for a culture too and that came back fine. I guess I'll never really know what it was and just hope that it doesn't happen again!
| Thanks for the St. Patty's Day goodies Mony & Papa! |
4 comments:
Green Green Green, don't forget to
wear your green on March 17. I can't believe you got the box so
soon. Hope the clothes fit!!
Love you
Poor Avery! Sounds like kidney stones to me. I can't believe she wasn't in more pain when she passed them either!!
Hi kids
Like your pictures !
Sorry to hear about Aves :( We'll pray it doesn't happen again. Her hair is getting so long! She looks adorable with all those curls!
Post a Comment