Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Too Sweet

This morning, as with every morning, my little Avery climbed into my bed to snuggle. I was still tired so I gave her a kiss and closed my eyes to go back to sleep. I then heard a little whisper, "I love you, Mom". awwwwwww, was all I could think. Then I heard it again, this time a little louder, "I love you, Mom". "I love you too, Avery." My sweet, sweet child.

Derek and I were just talking the other day about how these little girls are just growing up way too fast. And they definitely say the sweetest, cutest, and funniest things. We need to do a better job of documenting these things so that is why I wanted to write down this sweet encounter that we had this morning. Don't get me wrong, both of our girls tell us they love us ALL the time....which we really enjoy. With Avery, at her age, it's usually us telling her we love her first and then she'll usually respond with, " I love you much!" This time she initiated it. All to often I'm talking about how ornery and silly this little munchkin is. She is definitely a sweetheart though.

Now here she is, at my side, with an innocent little grin. She's supposed to be taking a nap. "Hi, Mom! Uh, sumping eat, Mom!?" She's too cute to resist. Love HER!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh how sweet, these little moments you will always remember....G/G

Katrina Senasec said...

That's soooooooo sweet!! Are you guys going to be up here anytime soon?

Laurie said...

so cute and so sweet!